Friday, November 19, 2010

~The "Pretties"~

                                                                            The Buffet

I’ve always felt so blessed to be born a woman. However as the holiday season approaches I am tempted to think how easy the guys have it. No shopping, no cooking, no wrapping, etc,.. that is until I start setting out “those” dishes, then I am reminded once more why I love being a woman. You must understand, I love to set the table for our family dinners. ( I get that from my Gma Waitman who always had her best out and Gma always had the neatest design pressed into her table cloth!) I love to decorate the buffet. I love to set the lighting and arrange the candles for perfect ambiance. I love to make room for “those” Christmas dishes. I love to frost and decorate sugar cookies.


This year has been particularly fun as Lindsey and I have combined our ‘pretties’. Remember the Waltons lifestyle? Since our passion is to ~leave a legacy of beauty, inside and out~ it is so very rewarding when the ‘little lady’ spies the new arrangement, her eyes glowing with enchantment and wonder, and “Ohhhhh, Mema…..that is soooooo beautiful” escapes from her 4 year old lips. Deep in my heart is the desire to pass on to my grandchildren what Gma Waitman gave to me.


We will be adding pics this season of some the things we love. ~Jeannie

6 comments:

  1. Hoe lovely! I love to dress a table too!! Have a lovely weekend xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment. Do you have a favorite set of dishes or some that were passed down to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to be able to dress a table properly. Mind it would be a waste here, my six foot tall massive son eats so quickly we hardly need plates or forks and knives.
    Have a great weekend.
    Dropped by from the LBS Tea Party

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to set the table also. I purchased these pretty sparkly stars that you put on the table years ago....that has always been my daughter's favorite table embellishment. I just ordered a few new serving pieces recently. I love ordering dishes. Thanks for sharing. Stopping in from the LBS and joining your GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for stopping by. I love to dress my table too although I rarely have dinner guests. Your china/buffet area reminds me of my own. I adore an antique white look. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello.. dress a table in such a beautiful way is always my dream, your buffet looks lovely ..I find you by Lady blogger Tea... and its a great find..

    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/2010/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete